Skip to Content


I am reminded daily of the sacrifices made by the brave men and women who serve and protect our great nation, and it is of the utmost importance that I do everything I can to assist veterans and their families. I also work to ensure that veterans receive the recognition they deserve.

I host two events to honor TX-31 veterans. Please visit Congressional Veteran Commendation page and the Vietnam Veteran Commemoration page to learn more.

My office has constituent liaisons available to help on a number of issues, including cutting through the bureaucratic process of receiving benefits or applying to receive the service medals an individual earned while in the military. If you need assistance with or have any questions about any veteran's issue, feel free to contact my office.

For active duty service members, my office can assist with problems concerning transfers, pay, medical treatment, recruitment or discharge, or obtaining medals or records. For more information, check out my office's services.

How can I get education benefits under the GI Bill?
You can learn more about GI bill benefits on the Veterans Affairs website.

How can I get medical benefits?
You can apply for high-quality, VA health benefits on the Veterans Affairs website.

How can I get information on suicide prevention?
If you or someone you know needs help, call the Veterans Crisis Hotline: 800-273-8255, option 1. This hotline is a tool for both current and former military members who need immediate mental health help.

How can I get a home loan?
For information on buying a home with a VA-backed loan, visit

How do I file a claim for pension benefits?
Learn more about filing a claim for pension benefits on the Veterans Affairs website.

How can I get survivor benefits?
To learn more about filing a survivor benefit claim, visit the Veterans Affairs website. To file a claim for benefits as a surviving spouse, please complete VA Form 21-534EZ. You can submit the completed form to the VA by mail or in person at your local VA regional office.

How can I expedite a claim?
Claims can only be expedited if you have a financial hardship. Proof of financial hardship is required in the form of an eviction or foreclosure notice, or utility turn-off notice.

How do I get a copy of my military records?
You can request your military records by contacting:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138

How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
You can request replacements for lost or stolen medals by calling my office at 512-591-9061.

Where is my local VA office?
Click here to find your local VA office

Where are the closest VA medical centers?

Austin VA Clinic
7901 Metropolis Drive
Austin, TX 78744-3111
Main Number: 800-423-2111 
Mental Health: 512-823-4040 

Cedar Park VA Clinic
1401 Medical Parkway
Suite 400, Building C
Cedar Park, TX 78613-2216
Main Number: 800-423-2111 
Mental Health: 512-219-2340 

Olin E. Teague Veterans' Center
1901 Veterans Memorial Drive
Temple, TX 76504-7451
Main Number: 254-778-4811 
Mental Health: 254-778-4811 

Temple VA Clinic
4501 South General Bruce Drive
Suite 75
Temple, TX 76502-1466
Main Number: 254-778-4811 

Where are the closest veteran centers?

Killeen Heights Vet Center
302 Millers Crossing
Suite 4
Harker Heights, TX 76548
Main Number: 254-953-7100 

Austin Vet Center
1524 South IH 35
Suite 100
Austin, TX 78704
Main Number: 512-416-1314 

How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?

The VA has toll free numbers for the convenience of veterans and dependents:

  1. Benefits Information 1-800-827-1000
  2. Life Insurance 1-800-669-8477
  3. Debt Management 1-800-827-0648
  4. Mammography Hotline 1-888-492-7844
  5. Tele. Dev. for Deaf (TDD) 1-800-829-4833
  6. CHAMPVA 1-800-733-8387
  7. Headstones/Markers 1-800-697-6947
  8. Gulf War Helpline 1-800-749-8387
  9. Sexual Trauma Hotline 1-800-827-1000

Additional Resources

Newsletter Subscription

Stay Connected

Add your email to get the latest updates