We respect the privacy of our visitors and all those who come in contact with our office—be it in-person, through our Web site, or by mail, phone, or email. We therefore try to collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our Web site to browse, read, or download information:
- Your Web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you call us, write to us, send us e-mail, or use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that If you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
- At times, and at your request, we may need to share your information with third parties that provide web development and web support services in order to provide a good online experience.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that we collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly e-mail, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by e-mail or Web form.
We may use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about use of this site. This may allow your web browser to automatically send certain information to Google, including, for example, the web address of the page that you're visiting and your IP address. Google may also set cookies on your browser or read cookies that are already there. Any information we collect from Google Analytics is only used to understand or improve how visitors engage with this website.