Skip to Content


Where can I find the text of or information on current legislation?
The best tool for tracking legislation is

What’s the best way to contact you?
Send me an email! You can also stay in touch with me by signing up to receive my newsletter, which you can do by entering your name and email address in the appropriate spots at the top of my home page.

What is a “session”?
A session is a time when Congress is conducting business in Washington, D.C. There are two regular sessions each Congress – the first beginning in January after a general election, and the second starting the following January. We are currently in the 2nd session of the 116th Congress.

Does your office hire interns?
Yes, we hire interns year-round. Interns must be college age or older, possess strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work well in a team environment and must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Internships are unpaid but offer a great opportunity to get legislative experience, network, and obtain a first-hand view of how Congress functions on a daily basis. All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to for DC internships and for District internships.

What is a “district work period?"
This is a period of time when Members of Congress are not voting, and leave Washington, D.C. to attend to matters back home. During my district work periods, I take time to meet with constituents and local officials. This time affords me the opportunity to stay in touch with the people I represent and allows me to stay apprised of the needs of my district.

What does a committee do?
A committee’s main role is to work on legislation and perform oversight on issues within its jurisdiction. Committees do this by holding hearings where witnesses can testify about matters that they feel need the attention of Congress.

What services do you provide to your constituents?
Constituents of the 31st district of Texas can request the following services:

  • Request a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol
  • Request a Washington D.C. Tour
  • Get help with a federal agency.
  • Apply for an internship.
  • Sign up for the Congressional App Challenge
  • Sign up for the Congressional Art Competition
  • Request a service academy nomination
  • Request a Congressional Commendation for a Veteran
  • Request an award for career technical achievement
  • Request an award for an outstanding student

What federal agencies can you help me with?
My office can offer assistance with the following federal departments and agencies:

  • Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
  • Department of Education
  • Department of Labor
  • Department of Housing and Urban Affairs
  • Department of State (Passports & Travel)
  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • FCC - Federal Communications Commission
  • Internal Revenue Service
  • Office of Personnel Management
  • U.S. Department of Defense
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • U.S. Postal Service
  • U.S. Social Security Administration

What assistance can you provide veterans?
If you have a question about or would like to apply for benefits, have a question about your application, or believe that the Department of Veterans Affairs has not given your case proper consideration, my staff may be able to help.

For active duty service members, my office can assist with issues involving the Department of Defense. For more information, check out my page military service members.

Where are your offices?

Washington, D.C. Office
2208 R.H.O.B.
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-3864

Williamson County District Office
4411 S Ih-35
Suite 115
Georgetown, TX 78626
(512) 591-9061

Bell County Office
2180 N Main St., Ste I-10
Belton, TX 76513

How can I sign up for your newsletter?
You can sign up for my e-newsletter on my website. Click here.

Newsletter Subscription

Stay Connected

Add your email to get the latest updates