Congressman John Carter

Representing the 31st District of Texas

Help with a Federal Agency

I am dedicated to ensuring that government works for my constituents in the 31st district. My casework team in the Bell County and Round Rock offices are ready to help constituents who need help resolving issues they be experiencing with the Federal Government. We will make sure that you receive answers and correspondence in a timely manner and receive the information you requested. While we cannot override a decision made by a Federal Agency, we can often intervene on your behalf to get answers.

To request assistance, you must first complete a Privacy Authorization Form, granting us permission to contact a federal agency on your behalf.

The Federal agencies that we can assist you with are:

We are unable to intervene in judicial matters that do not fall under the jurisdiction of a Member of Congress, such as

  • Child Custody
  • Divorce
  • Civil Matters
  • Civil/Criminal Trials
  • Pardons/Records expungement

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your written signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form

This is a three step process:

  1. Download and fill out the privacy authorization form. Please note if your case involves the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Agency, you will need to fill out the USCIS specific privacy form. 
  2. Review the form to ensure all data is accurate, then sign the form.
  3. Mail or fax the document to our office.  The address and fax number are on the printed form.

Round Rock Office (Williamson County)

1717 North IH-35, Suite 303
Round Rock, Texas 78664

Bell County Office

6544B S. General Bruce Drive
Temple, Texas 76502